Family Chef Talk Forum banner
  • Welcome, guest! Are you ready to join the discussion? Click here!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Founding Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Request a Recipe

I would tend to believe posters in this forum rather than folks who comment on recipes found on some other blogger's forum.

My experience has been if a "commenter" posts ANYTHING other than a 5* review on some bloggers recipe page (a recipe I may really like to try in most cases), invariably it does NOT get approved for publication.

Even asking questions elicit a binning of the question and never sees the light of day.

One example: my bread making consists almost entirely of variations on no-knead/overnight rises.

One tasty-looking recipe I found for ONE loaf (that has an 18 hour overnight rise) used 1 full teaspoon of yeast whereas any of my overnight recipes use less than 1/8 teaspoon for twice the amount of flour they use in this particular recipe.

I asked that exact question: why so much yeast?

It never got "approved". Now, if it interested me enough, I'd give the minimal yeast adj I'd make a try. BUT I hate tossing out ingredients so I binned their forum (y)

SO, how about it? A Request area? (y)

Administrator
Are we talking about ISO (in search of posts) for recipes?

It's not you; it's me. My brain is mush and nothing makes sense. 馃槖

I just need to understand what the purpose of the new section would be so we can figure out how to best incorporate it into the forum.

Founding Member
For your example here is a link but I have never tried it or heard of it. Claims to be the original recipe.

But I think he means something like this, Texas BBQ sauce, here is the only place I know of that it exists on the internet. Post #11.

Founding Member
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Founding Member
That's why I wanted a responder here that has tried it and rated it. I can find lots of those (types of) recipes online as well but don't necesssarily trust the comments.
Understand. I can find hundreds of TX BBQ sauce recipes but none like the one I use. It was never published for public consumption.

Reactions: LeonardoDaBenz

Founding Member
Take a look at the description of The Recipe Box. It says "Share your favorite recipe or find a new one". I think this forum will do exactly what you are asking for in a new forum. If fact you just responded to a request I posted a few minutes ago.

Reactions: LeonardoDaBenz
1 - 12 of 12 Posts