Family Chef Talk Forum banner
  • Welcome, guest! Are you ready to join the discussion? Click here!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Founding Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm Shane and I have been the best cook in the house, whatever house it was, since I was about 15. That's not to say I was a great cook in those early days, just more competent than anyone else in the house. Over the years I have added skills, though I still can't get hollandaise right.

I particularly enjoy smoking and grilling and was a butcher off and on. I dabble in wine making and used to make beer. I live in SE Ohio.

Administrator
I'm Shane and I have been the best cook in the house, whatever house it was, since I was about 15. That's not to say I was a great cook in those early days, just more competent than anyone else in the house. Over the years I have added skills, though I still can't get hollandaise right.

I particularly enjoy smoking and grilling and was a butcher off and on. I dabble in wine making and used to make beer. I live in SE Ohio.

Hello @Shane R, glad you found us! Let us know if you have any suggestions or questions. 馃槉

Founding Member
Hi Shane and welcome from North Carolina!

Don't feel too badly. I still can't make a Hollandaise sauce to save my life! Heck I couldn't cool rice until about 20 years ago. As in I could screw up boil in bag and minute rice, I was so bad. Then I got a wild hair and wanted some jasmine rice so I actually read the directions and now I can cook any of the long cooking varieties just fine. I still screw up minute and boil in bag though.

Founding Member

I learned to make Hollandaise over direct heat while working in a hotel kitchen. It was only made when ordered so no time to play around, get'er done. I haven't done it in years so probably couldn't pull it off now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts