Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cooking at home can be a great way to save money on food expenses, and there are several common, simple ways to make it even more cost-effective.
- Plan your meals and make a grocery list to avoid buying items you don't need.
- Take advantage of sales and discounts, and use coupons to save even more.
- Cook in large batches and freeze leftovers for later.
- Use store-brand or generic items instead of name-brand products.
- Buy produce that is in season, as it tends to be less expensive.
- Grow your own fruits and vegetables in a home garden.
- Shop at discount grocery stores or ethnic markets.
- Check to see if your local markets have an app and app-exclusive discounts.
- Buy products that are close to their expiration dates and use them up quickly.